As I mentioned previously, the one hardware issue I’ve had with Vista was the inability to get Vista to properly deal with my serial Wacom Intuos tablet.
After a couple e-mails and a phone call to Wacom’s support group, the solution and steps are this:
- Download Wacom’s latest driver from their web site.
- Create the following registry key if it doesn’t exist:
- Plug in the tablet. If Windows prompts for a driver, hit cancel.
- Install the Wacom driver.Â The tablet should work after the driver is installed.
- Reboot.Â If Windows prompts to install a driver for the hardware, choose the option not to present the message again.
The tablet should work from that point forward.
[tags]wacom, intuos, vista[/tags]