The video and slides from my WordCamp Seattle presentation are now available:
About the time that this post goes live, I’ll be presenting at WordCamp Seattle about how to start making some money with a blog. Here are some links and resources that will probably mentioned during the discussion.
People / Websites to Follow
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog
- Attention! This Book Will Make You Money
- Content Rules
- Trust Agents
- UnMarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging.
Places to start if you’re looking for affiliate programs:
If you have any other questions about the topics we discussed, leave a comment below and I’ll do my best to help you out.
Some of the links above are affiliate links.
I’m excited to be heading up to Seattle in April for WordCamp Seattle 2011. I’ve been selected to present “An Introduction to Making Money With a Blog”. Aimed at an audience that’s curious about how to start bringing revenue with a blog, we’ll cover the following:
- Prerequisites – things to think about as you plan to make money. A quick overview of some considerations that will help guide your monetization strategy.
- Revenue Sources – options for income and a look at the plusses and challenges of each one. I’ll talk about advertising, sponsorship, affiliate programs, membership sites, and product sales.
- Lists – a quick look at email lists and how to effectively tie one into a blog revenue stream.
- Resources – where to go, what to read, and who to follow to learn more about making money with a blog.
Tickets are on sale now for WordCamp Seattle and I’d love to have you join me for what should be a great event.
If this sounds vaguely familiar it might be because this presentation will be similar (but not identical) to a talk originally presented at the Portland WordPress User Group earlier this year. That talk was very well received so I’ll start with it as a foundation and incorporate some improvements as well.